The Home Identity Crisis
Remember life pre-pandemic lock down before your dining room morphed into your Zoom room, office, workstation and study hall? Thanks to your new work-at-home lifestyle, files and papers found a permanent home on your dining room table. You probably haven’t had a meal on that table, besides a quick sandwich and many coffees, since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic.
It’s time to reclaim and tame the dining room table! A little organizational magic and presto you can alleviate the room identity crisis and turn it into a beautiful two-in-one space. An office by day and a dining room by night!
Here are simple ways to keep your dining room/office space organized and easy to clear:
- Place trays on the dining room table so your work stuff has a home. At the end of the work day, simply remove the trays and…voila! There’s actually a clear table when it’s time for dinner.
- Use magazine organizers for filing. Place magazine organizers on a tray. They not only keep your files tidy; they can easily be transported from the dining room. Way more efficient than stacks of papers or files; and your paperwork takes up less room.
- Tuck a folding computer desk in the corner of your dining room. Use it as the home base for all your office trays and supplies. And when you want to completely clean-up the dining room, move your office trays into a closet or bedroom, and simply fold up the desk and remove it.
- Use a rolling utility storage cart for office supplies and items. They easily roll away into a closet. You might call it a “miracle vehicle” as it whisks away the office items.
- Reuse a toy chest, or purchase a trunk, simply store all your office items inside. A trunk can hold and hide everything from files to your laptop. You can even choose a trunk that complements your dining room decor.
- Have fun shopping online for pretty organizers. After all, you spend a huge part of your time working, so make it enjoyable!
With these budget friendly storage solutions, your dining room can easily do double-duty: a functional space to both entertain and work. Your transformed two-in-one space has the added bonus of giving you peace of mind. Mindfully designing your space so it actually functions will make you feel more relaxed, organized and in control.