OVERVIEW: Experienced nonprofit executive, with many years addressing various housing challenges. Seven years with Habitat for Humanity, most recently five years as executive director of two organizations in Texas. Fluent in Spanish and Portuguese.
Primary strengths are helping teams to reach goals, and analysis of complex operations in order to make improvements. My career focus was managing YMCA organizations (20 years' executive experience including fundraising, most recently with the YMCA of Silicon Valley).
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
- Vibrant, visionary, and compassionate leader and team member
- Track record of managing complex operations
- Strong analytical, research, and writing skills
- Reputation for excellence and high-quality service to clients
- Enjoy participating in a collaborative, productive work group
- Graduate degree in management and leadership
- Proven record of growing revenue and gaining audit approvals
Habitat for Humanity, Bay Area Houston TX, Executive Director, 2017-2018. Secured $176K in home recovery grants and $700K in hurricane recovery grants. Completed 6 new homes and 15 home repairs; secured 21 lots for future homes. Relocated agency headquarters before hurricane.
Habitat for Humanity, Bryan TX, Executive Director, 2011-2015. Developed and assisted 19 staff, 2000 volunteers, and 15 board members. Built, sold, and closed 54 energy-efficient homes. Led the fundraising team producing over $1million in government grants, $320K in donations per year, $700K per year for home sponsorships, and $175K in grants from the United Way and the Meadows Foundation. Revamped media relations and social media presence. Managed mortgage portfolio with 250 notes and provided client support in every aspect of building, selling, and financing.
Habitat for Humanity, Toronto, Canada, Executive Director, 1998 ¿ 2000. Provided strategic leadership and partnership to the Board of Directors. Coordinated the effort of 400 volunteers through direct liaison with 10 committees. Coordinated the construction of two houses built entirely by volunteers in 8 weeks. Solved Federal Audit and set ethical standards for fundraising practices. Negotiated lease agreements and relocated Headquarters and ReStore.
YMCA's: Seven years in Rhode Island as Operations Executive Director; coordinated fitness, childcare and camp programs, using annual action-plans and community partnerships. Two years in Houston as Community Development Executive; set up a development board with 36 local company execs, implemented a $215K grant for youth development, and raised local YMCA's profile through marketing. One year in Silicon Valley as a Branch Executive Director of the Sequoia YMCA in Redwood City. Ten years of YMCA program development in Brazil, with experience running branches with 5,000 to 11,000 members.
Brazos Interfaith Immigration Network, Bryan TX, Executive Director. Assisted migrants with finding legal representation, preparing cases for wage recovery, confronting an abusive landlord at public meetings, and providing interpretation and translating services.
- Rhode Island Foundation Fellowship
- YMCA of the USA Hispanic Scholarship
- Akron Area YMCA Scholarship
- Brazilian YMCA Federation Scholarship
- Master of Science Degree in Human Services, Springfield College, US.
- Graduate Diploma in Sport Administration, Concordia University, Canada
- Fluent in Spanish and Portuguese (speak, read, and write)
- Strong command of French (speak and read)