My Client Testimonials
- 19+ Years as a national bank examiner with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- 17+ Years as a real estate advisor/consultant/agent licensed first in MD, DC and VA and since 2004 in LA
My Credentials and Memberships
- Graduate, Realtors Institute
- Accredited Buyer's Representative
My Community Involvement
- Caddo Parish Election Commissioner
- Certified Louisiana Master Gardener
- Southern Hills Homeowners Association
- Red River Coalition of Community Gardeners
- Northern and Central Louisiana Interfaith
- All Souls Unitarian Universalist Church
to have too much stuff. If you haven't heard of or read Marie Kondo's "The Life Saving Magic of Tidying Up," I highly recommend it. I found it a very interesting way to think about the spaces we occupy as home. Considering that an average Japanese resident lives in far less space than the average American, to realize they too have "stuff" issues was enlightening. For many Americans, minimalism as a concept is totally foreign. When we consider that the average home size has tripled in the pa...
Apr 30, 2018 ‧ Selling a Home
An agent friend and I were recently discussing the differences in buyer expectations, and often even those of real estate agents, in terms of property condition in our market. Having both been long time property owners as well as practitioners in the industry for a good number of years, we can recall a time when only newly constructed homes were expected to be like new. The need to renovate has become a virtual national past time, and in our local market, the desire for already turnkey propert...
Mar 12, 2018 ‧ Real Estate News & Trends
At various points in my years as a homeowner, I have purchased properties with one of more of these "offenses." But having grown up reading shelter magazines for fun, I always focused on floor plan and location rather than cosmetics that can easily be changed when making my purchase decision. In fact, I would rather make my own changes than pay for things that might be "up to date" but don't really reflect who I am. Having said that, today there are a whole new generation of home buyers who wa...
Jan 10, 2018 ‧ Selling a Home