- CULINARY INSTITUTE OF AMERICA Chuck handled extensive legal work for the Culinary Institute of America (CIA) from 2000 until his retirement as a lawyer. Representative matters included: Acquisition of the former Copia: American Center for Wine, Food & the Arts, for the development of additional educational and hospitality programs at this important campus in the City of Napa which has become a vital center for hospitality at the gateway to the Napa Valley. On behalf of the CIA at Greystone campus, Chuck obtained approvals for a prior Master Plan that increased the student capacity from 68 students to 200 students, handled the purchase of a former convalescent hospital for additional student housing, and then completed a rezoning of that property for the development of additional housing to allow the expansion in student enrollment.
- DAROUISH KHALEDI WINERY Chuck represented Darioush Khaledi from 1997 until Chuck's retirement in 2018, including the acquisition of the original winery property, major expansions of the winery's visitation and marketing plan, acquisition of numerous vineyards, acquisition of the Ashes & Diamonds winery property near Bistro Don Giovani, and the expansion of that property's visitation and marketing program to achieve the first-ever approved Napa County marketing plan allowing winery tours and tastings to occur as late as 10:00 p.m.
- V. SATTUI WINERY and CASTELLO DI AMOROSA Starting in 1990, Chuck represented Dario Sattui and his interests in these two wineries, including the acquisition of hundreds of acres of vineyard property, approval of a Major Modification authorizing the substantial expansion of tours and tastings at V. Sattui Winery, and the receipt of a Certificate of a Legal Nonconformity providing this winery the exceedingly rare opportunity to offer weddings as marketing events at the winery. Chuck also handled numerous other real estate and business matters on behalf of these entities.
- ROMBAUER VINEYARDS Chuck began representing Rombauer Vineyards in 1984 and assisted the Rombauer family with real estate purchases, including the purchase and sale of a winery, 1031 tax-deferred exchanges, tentative parcel map approval, negotiation and preparation of vineyard leases, the quadrupling of the size of the winery, and other land use approvals. He also handled numerous, business succession planning, estate planning, business transactions, Alcoholic Beverage Control and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau compliance issues and entity formation matters for Rombauer family for three decades..
- HALL WINERY Chuck represented Craig and Kathy and Hall in numerous real estate purchases, including the purchases of more than 2000 acres in Napa and Sonoma Counties, a winery, and a mobile home park. Chuck also handled lot line adjustment and tentative parcel map matters and the negotiation and preparation of vineyard leases, and other business transactions for the Hall family.
- STAGLIN FAMILY VINEYARDS Staglin Family Vineyards became Chuck's client in 1998 and handled a number of land use issues that allowed the Staglin family to establish their winery and the expansion of the winery's vineyard holdings.
- FRANK FAMILY VINEYARDS (FFV) Chuck represented FFV as it's outside general counsel starting with its formation in 1993 in all business, real estate and land use matters, including acquisition of the Hanns Kornell Winery, expansion of the winery's production, visitation and marketing programs, and acquisition of several iconic vineyard estates. Chuck also began processing the use permit application for an additional 475,000 gallon winery on the Silverado Trail in Rutherford. His legal work also included numerous transactional matters on behalf of FFV, and its founder, Rich Frank, former President of Disney Television and Paramount Studios.
- Contact Chuck today to discuss your real estate needs. 707.967.4611 Office | 707.529.3065 Cell | email@example.com | Extensive Experience | Local Knowledge
My Credentials and Memberships
- Chuck earned his J.D. from the University of California, Boalt Hall School of Law in Berkeley in 1982, where he was an Associate Editor of the Industrial Relations Law Journal. He previously attended University of California, Hastings School of Law where he was a Milton D. Green Top Ten Scholar. He received a Bachelor in General Studies degree, with distinction, from the University of Michigan in 1975.
- St. Helena Rotary Foundation www.sthelenarotary.org Board of Directors, 2003-2009 President, 2008-2009
- Wells Fargo Bank Community Advisory Board, North Coast Valley Member, 2008 to 2013
- St. Helena Rotary Club www.sthelenarotary.org Board of Directors, 2003-2009 President, 2007-2008
- St. Helena Chamber of Commerce www.sthelena.com Board of Directors, 2001-2007, 2010 Chair of Board of Directors, 2005
- Napa Valley Unified School District Board of Trustees www.nvusd.k12.ca.us Board of Directors, 1992-1996 President 1996
- Napa Valley Education Foundation www.nvef.orgBoard of Directors, 1987-1992 President 1991
- Napa County Bar Association www.napacountybar.org Past Board member
My Community Involvement
- Chuck has served as President (and board member) of the Napa County Mental Health Association, Napa Valley Unified Education Foundation, Napa Valley Unified School District Board of Trustees, St. Helena Chamber of Commerce, the St. Helena Rotary Club and the St. Helena Rotary Foundation.